Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My brain is like a choo-choo going "do stuff do stuff do stuff"... on the other hand, I'm never bored. The fluevog ad should be out next month, maybe perhaps. One of the Chronicle Books employees that patronize my fine place of business actually laid it out when putting together a magazine on scooters and recognized it as mine just from that...how cool!

I'm also in a fair put on by Union Design this weekend: Capsule; Patricia's Green in Hayes Valley. Sunday, May 23, 11-6. I put the details in just in case anyone actually reads this and wants to come by-- hint hint, invisible masses.

Sometimes this art hting feels like a snowball; I so something that introduces me to a million more events, organizations, stores, people... or most likely a bunch of websites I should peruse and people I should put on my man pants and send art to. Pick me Pick me! SO much stuff to do and pursue...

And I'm doing the moving thing again in a few months! Not far... like, REALLY not far (a whole block away!) but I get a thrilling new room with better light and better studio capability. My mind is spiraling into a fantasy world of all the art to be done there, and I envision myself getting up early, having coffee as the daybreak filters in and getting down to work making stuff... then I remember I have to go to SOMA (ew) every day to, oh that's right, MAKE MONEY. Every so often I get ramped up to quit my job and just pursue art full-time, just to see if, without having to fit all the art making, networking, pushing, into the corners of my time, maybe, just maybe, it would really start to take off. Maybe if I treat it as my full-time profession, it will become it. So far, the fact that I basically LIKE my day job (even if it isn't the dream career) and that it treats me very well keeps staying this leap, so for now I'll keep saving money and biding my time, I guess... sigh.

Oh, and here's some new pins I just got made, because what's a talky blog post without a picture?





No comments:

Post a Comment