Sunday, November 28, 2010

Morning Walk Awesomeness


When I actually manage to stumble outside first thing after getting up, I'm always glad I did. It reminds me why the city is worth living in. The houses rise in waves, bathed in pink-gold morning light. The air is crisp, smelling of wood smoke, dead leaves, and stubborn plants still growing green. The bums are still sleeping in their little bum-burritos. Bliss.


You really have to blow this up to appreciate it. Alamo Square at 7 am this morning, sunrise creeping over the chilly city.


Sutro Tower (aka Devil Tower) presiding...


My eyes tend to edit out how many wires are strung all over this city. When I stop and take notice of them, I'm astounded by how MANY there are.
I think they're sort of beautiful in an urban-lace sort of way.


Beautiful House of the Day. The early morning iphone photo doesn't do it justice... the pale olive green with turquoise, mauve and gold. Hell yes.


And just to top it all off: FUCKING BLUE GUARD LIONS. Win.

No comments:

Post a Comment